The Next Step...

Thursday, August 21, 2014


Good Evening My Loves, 

I have some BIG news to share with you all and I couldn't be happier. On Monday I officially resigned from my full-time job. I have finally, after half a decade, opened my own illustration and creative service company in New York to pursue my fashion illustration career here full on!!!! I am passport stamped, visa approved, signed, sealed, delivered in NYC and for the first time ON MY OWN TERMS!!!! I finally feel like the sky has opened up and is ushering me into a life I could only dream of for years. I am finally, finally, free.

It saddens me to let go of a company that I truly adored, and I am eternally grateful for everything they have provided me. But any great employer can recognize when their employee needs to go and follow their heart, their passion, their truest calling. Fortunately for me, my employer does.

Life right now is going at the speed of lightening. I have major collaborations planned for New York Fashion Week in a few weeks plus loads of fun commissions that I can't wait to share with you all. AND the best part is, I'm going to have all my time to give to you and my illustrations. I'm going to sign off for now but I assure you that the best is yet to come, for me, for you, for us together.

Sending so much light and love into the world tonight and leaving you with this final thought - "stop asking for permission to do what you love and just f$$cking DO IT."

Much love,
Meag xx

22 comments:

  1. Just wanted to come here and show some love! I'm so happy for you. Doing what you want with passion and love. It get no better. Congratulations.
    Giselle aka The Handwriting Artist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Giselle Williams-Thomas thank you so, so much my dear friend and fabulous artist xx

      Delete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! :) That is so inspiring and fantastic! I wish you the very best with your new business!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What an achievement for you and how exciting to be following your dream. That's a perfect illustration to accompany your 'Next Step' news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @miss b thank you so much, yes moving forward, and moving with conviction xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Always follow your dreams! I wish you the best in your business!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Patry Duran thank you, always listen to your heart xx

      Delete
  5. Congrats! I wish you all the best! How was your experience with the Lovely It Girl? I will work with her soon. Can you tell me more about?
    http://balearaitzart.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @lorenabr thank you, that sounds awesome! I had a wonderful time working with her. I'm sure you will as well. It is very helpful to get an objective opinion on your brand image xx

      Delete
  6. That is so great.
    Can't wait to see what you do next.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  7. This. Is. Awesome. You are brave and I know you're gonna make it.

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Elizabeth Hisle thank you my love, that means a lot to me coming from you xx

      Delete
  8. Yeah!! Big congratulations Megan!! You totally deserve that and all the success!! I am all with you, wishing you all the best!!

    www.PurseFixation.com
    Toast your Purse with an Outfit!
    Fashion Advice, Events and More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Purse Fixation thank you my sweets, I feel your support and love xx

      Delete
  9. Congratulations! I hope you receive much success!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome!! Congrats!! Good luck! You're going to do amazing things!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} thank you my love xx

      Delete
  11. Oh, congrats to you, such big news. Very happy for you.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground