Take Me to Hong Kong : MOSCHINO Resort 2015

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Hi My Little Love Bugs, 

Happy Sunday evening to you all! I hope you had a refreshing two days off in the sun. I spent the weekend working on commissions and soul cycling my body back into shape. Seriously, I kick started my Saturday with a 45 min session in SOHO at 8:30 AM (in the dark, candles lit, music blaring, instructor headbanging) and biked the remainder of the day through Central Park. I cannot contain my smile when I hop on a bike in New York City. Equal parts terrifying and liberating, it feels so good to be enjoying exercise in the sun. By the time I returned home, I was starting to paint this piece by 10 PM Saturday evening. I'm seriously getting old, no late night NYC dance session for me as of late.

Anyway, I really wanted to paint this gif as part of a continued MOSCHINO series I started with the post Fast Fashion. Since bringing Jeremy Scott onboard as the label's new Creative Director, there isn't a star in the world who isn't rocking at least one piece of this brand's gear on tour (hello Miley, Yonce, Katy Perry, RiRi etc). When I clicked through the designer's Resort 2015 collection on Style.com, I somehow identified with the all-attitude, gangsta blonde, modelling the looks. She seemed to be screaming Drake lyrics through her smouldering schmize (smiling-eyes, thanks Tyra Banks) which is what I attempt to do in New York every damn day. No new friends, no new friends, no new friends, no no new...what?! Just go with it.

So I decided to travel vicariously through this MOSCHINO lookbook model and illustrate her in Hong Kong (I'm putting my intentions out into the universe, as I deeply hope to travel throughout Asia this Fall). I loved the juxtaposition of her 90's New Kids oversized t-shirt against the city light show of Hong Kong. And there you have it...Take Me to Hong Kong. Now can someone from Jeremy Scott's team please send me a trunk of his incredibly genius pop culture clothing?! Thanks!! I have much more to share on here this week my darlings so stay tuned, but for now SLEEEEEEPPPP.

Much love,
Meag xx

12 comments:

  1. Love the post ! www.bj365daysoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is that! Love this dynamic illustration! Tokyo lights are super! Flashy, colorful, busy- that's how I imagine Tokyo myself!:-) Travelling around Asia will be so inspiring for you, I am sure!

    www.PurseFixation.com
    Toast your Purse with an Outfit!
    Fashion Advice, Events and More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Purse Fixation yes there are many, many destinations I hope to visit. But time and budget will help determine that haha xx

      Delete
  3. @lorenabr awe so happy to hear that, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweety, how have you been? Sorry I haven't visited in ages, I began a new job which is far too time consuming. Love this fabulous trendy illustration!…Have a great start to the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sam sooooo nice to hear from you!! I've missed you. How is the new job coming along? Where are you working now. Same to you, have a great week ahead xx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful drawing! How cool you are planning to visit Asia. I have never been there myself but must be a great part to discover.
    x Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sandra MoreStyleThanFashion yes I haven't been either...I mean the continent yes but the true cities no. There are so many places I want to visit it will be hard to choose but I guess time and budget will help determine that xx

      Delete
  6. I prescribe everybody who needs to go to Vietnam to utilize the Green visa vietnam servicee to get their visa. I've utilized the service a different circumstances now and I've not been frustrated once.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground