LIVE Fashion Illustrating with Lexicon of Style

Thursday, August 14, 2014


Hello My Darlings,

I hope you've had a wonderful week thus far. SO much is changing in my world at the moment and I can't WAIT to reveal the big news with all of you. In the meantime, I'm thrilled to finally share the collaboration I did with my dear friend, the uber talented scarf designer and blogger Alexandra Dieck of Lexicon of Style!! Alex and I met this past Spring while taking that incredibly inspiring Blogging for Fashion Business class at FIT. We had an instant connection, as we are both super passionate entrepreneurs. Shortly thereafter we discovered that not only did we both live in the West Village, but we were also featured in the same Glamour Magazine New York Fashion Week Video from this past February 2014!! Clearly we were destined to become friends...continue reading after the jump!!
We thought it would be great to combine both of our passions one afternoon, whereby I would illustrate Alex in her element of personal style blogging, while showcasing her beautiful scarf designs. Needless to say, the afternoon was an aaaaamazing success. Nothing beats live illustrating...correction, nothing beats live illustrating super gorgeous and stylish fashion blogger/models standing in the streets of New York City (yeahhhhhh loves it!!!!). So if you yourself are an illustrator with a desire to illustrate fashion figures from life, connect, connect, connect with your lovely friends who also share a passion for fashion that would be willing to pose for you one afternoon. It will get you prepped for your moments illustrating live from the runway of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week naturally (yes?!, YES!!).

So get out there, start connecting, collaborating, and drawing, and don't forget to share with me the results. More to come.

Much love,
Meag xx

Photos by Lordale B

15 comments:

  1. That's fabulous.

    Though to do this - that would mean I'd have to leave my cave :).

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. @Monica Siembieda next blog meet up we should do a drawing session xx

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love it! What talent you have and how you grasped her essence and style in a few brushstrokes. #TalentGalore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @DAMASK et DENTELLE thank you sweet Vanessa. I can't wait to share what I have in store for you xx

      Delete
  4. This is incredible! Such a great idea, you are always up to something refreshing! I love your use of minimal brush strokes, its perfect. Sorry I've been really MIA lately, I always find myself thinking of your blog first as I get back into it.

    I Can’t Afford My Lifestyle |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Cassandra Dotzel aaaahh hi my sweets!! I always get so excited when I see your comments. So flattered I come to mind. You my dear are never far from mine either xx

      Delete
  5. So awesome! What a fantastic collaboration! Beautiful results!

    www.PurseFixation.com
    Toast your Purse with an Outfit!
    Fashion Advice, Events and More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Purse Fixation thank you gorgeous!! It was a fun afternoon and I think that shines through. Plus Lex is a stunner xx

      Delete
  6. How wonderful you became such good friends :) both so talented women.
    Love the drawings, as always :)
    x Sandra

    www.morestylethanfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sandra MoreStyleThanFashion yes the world works in such mysterious ways doesn't it? Thank you for the sweet words my lovely xx

      Delete
  7. this outfit is so eclectic and fun! i love love love all the colors <3 so fab

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Alexa she has the most incredible style!! You can check out more of her outfit posts here: http://www.alexandradieck.com/lexiconofstyle/. Thanks so much for visiting lovely xx

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground