Illustrations for Marie Claire Magazine

Wednesday, October 30, 2013




Happy Wednesday My Loves,

I'm so excited to be back on the blog again sharing with you another fantastic illustration project I worked on. Marie Claire Magazine approached me to illustrate a series of shoe designs and pattern for a stylish, little giftable, notebook they were producing. It was one of those 'pinch-me' moments where I realized I was actually living my dream. When I came to New York to pursue my Fashion Illustration AAS at the Fashion Institute of Technology back in 2009, I told our Chair of Illustration that all I really wanted to do was illustrate shoes...and finally I was. 

In the end, my illustrations were used on the Marie Claire Shoes First notebook, tote, and invitation for their event with Saks Fifth Avenue. Fortunately I was able to attend the event and snagged some awesome instagram shots holding all my illustrated swag. It didn't take long to see my tote bag hitting the streets either!! I happened to catch a very chic New Yorker toting her tote on the 1 train to work and perhaps that was the greatest moment of all. I've always wanted to see people living with my illustrations in a functional, multipurpose way, and I finally have. 

Cheers to pursuing your dreams and making them happen in the baddest city of all: NYC!!

Much love,
Meag xx

8 comments:

  1. Shoes look beautiful in illustrations, I bet they will look 10 times more beautiful in real
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Pooja Mittal you're so sweet!! Thanks so much for the complement xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on everything! :)
    Love these shoe illustrations; your use of color is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Cindy thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I'm always very focused on color in my work xx

      Delete
  3. wow love it! I used to draw/design shoes... but it looked nothing like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lorraine I would love to see your work, where can I find it? xx

      Delete
  4. Loved perusing your blog......great artwork. Congrats on the Marie Claire feature........that is super cool ! Thanks for sharing.....Lynda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sparrow Lyn so happy to hear that you loved the blog and my artwork. Very appreciative of your kind words xx

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground