Illustrators Drawing Illustrators!!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Carmen Kass
Winona Ryder
Lucy Liu

Hello My Lovely Readers and Fellow Bloggers,

I have a very special announcement to make. I will be hosting the first ever Illustrators Drawing Illustrators project here on Travel Write Draw!! Now before I get into the specifics of how this project will play out, and how all you amazing readers will participate, I would like to explain how this very idea came into fruition. I've been drawing famous people since the tender age of 16 (possibly even younger). The above portraits of Carmen Kass, Winona Ryder, and Lucy Liu stand as a testimony to this statement. In the three months that I've had my blog, I've also come across a lot of brilliant illustrators drawing public figures as well. It sort of occurred to me that illustrators never draw each other and why should we be excluded from all the fun?!

I guess the logical answer would be that we could always draw ourselves. But quite frankly, that gets to be a bit boring lol, at least for me. I would love nothing more than to be drawn by one of the amazing illustrators I follow regularly in this crazy blogosphere. A few days ago the incredible Veronika from Notes to Self left a comment on my post stating that she would love to draw me if I don't draw myself first. That solidified the idea for me, that maybe, just maybe, other illustrators would like to have their portrait drawn too. Hence, Illustrators Drawing Illustrators was born. Basically this will work like a blog crawl, whereby submitting your name you will be assigned a blogger to draw, and on the same day we will all post the portraits we drew and link to that person's blog.

How This Will Work

1. Email your name and blog address to me at meaganmorrison@hotmail.com NO later than Dec 28th, 2010 in order to participate.

2. Please put 'Illustrators Drawing Illustrators' as the subject line so I don't miss you.

3. On Dec 29th, 2010 I will place everyone's name in a hat and the first name I pull will draw the second name, and the very last name I pull will draw the first.

4. On Dec 29th, 2010 I will post on my blog who will be drawing who and it will be YOUR responsibility to ensure you receive a photo from the individual you're assigned to draw. If you don't want to give a photo, an alternative could be a portrait of that person's blog or art style.

5. On January 11th, 2011 each participating individual will post the portrait they drew of the blogger they were assigned and a link to that individual's blog. This way people can crawl from one blog to the next and end up at the first participator all in one go.

6. The portrait idea, concept, is entirely open and up to you. By no means is this project limited to age, skill level. This is open to ALL artists, art lovers, and art dabblers.

Lastly, I ask that if you email me to participate that you be 100% committed to this. I would feel awful if one person didn't hold up and someone didn't get their portrait drawn. Leave any questions and comments below here and I will definitely take everything into consideration. This is an opportunity to be exposed to all the amazing illustrators out there, and develop an even stronger network with people in this incredible field. I look forward to hearing from you.

Lots of love,
Meag xx

28 comments:

  1. brilliant idea!!! can't wait to see what's coming out of it :)

    xxx
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, just heard from a friend from school who is in!! This way everyone can see what my classmates do too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely!! Such a brilliant idea Meag!! :)
    I've always wanted mine done but felt it would look a bit vain if i did it myself haha
    Very much looking forward to a new challenge! :)
    Much Much Love
    xoxo
    Meg

    P.S My fav is the sexy lucy lui btw! meow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your artwork is amazing. love it!

    I became a follower of your blog, hope you do the same for mine : )

    www.baublesandbangles.blogspot.com

    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea!!! I love this, and *definitely* wish to participate. Sweet portraits, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah it's a drawing secret santa! :-) will email you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant idea, I'm in!
    PS Regardless of who you choose for me to draw I'm still going to draw you, you can't get away from that now :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO impressed as usual!

    xx.M

    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Everyone!!

    Thank-you so much for the positive response.

    PLEASE EMAIL me so I know you're for sure in!!

    Also, tweet, post, facebook about this so we can get as many participators as possible. I'm so excited for this, hope you're too.

    Meag xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an amazing idea, unfortunately I'm going to have to pass on it since I have a tonne of work that needs to be done :( However if you ever decide to do this again when I'm free I'd love to join in. Can't wait to see what people will come up with though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this sounds like fun!! even though i would consider my self an amateur hahaha..i will definitely try!! im going to send you an email :)

    -Shirley-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Meagan I would love to participate in this event but I'm kinda busy right now. I even schedule my free time and visiting my blog because I have obligations to do for my family. Maybe next time. Thanks for inviting me by the way.

    Happy Holidays!!!

    atgastonj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Love this girl!! I'm in :) Will mail you later this weekend,

    Love
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi dear! Thanks for passing by and for following me! I follow you too with blogloving!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow!looooove them!!xxx

    www.zscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Meag,

    Thanks for the tip, its a wonderful idea! I'm definitely in and will email you later this weekend.

    I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas!!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merry Christmas, dear!

    Lovely blog!
    &. maybe we can follow eachother?

    + Join my GIVEAWAY! (last days)

    Kind regards, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  18. great idea!!!

    Happy >Holidays
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw so happy everyone is loving this idea!! Again, don't forget to email me so that I include you in the draw. Happy Happy Holidays lovelies.

    Meag xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there,
    I'm following you back now!
    Thanx to you too for that nice comment!

    Love, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Желаю новому проекту процветания, а участникам - вдохновения!

    Портрет Winona Ryder - чудесный и нежный, очень красиво) Meagan, обожаю твои рисунки!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh no!! I just discovered your blog thanks to Veronika ("notes to self")and I would have loved to participate! It's such a good idea!!

    Will you do another initiative like this one day?

    I also wanted to tell you that you have a great blog and your drawings are beautiful

    Al

    -The Red Dot-

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Al,

    Thanks so much for visiting!! I would love to do another initiative like this and I will definitely give ample time for people to sign-up for it. This was the first of hopefully many to come.

    Meag xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw thank-you so much!! If you would like to see the results you can do the blog crawl here: http://travelwritedraw.blogspot.com/2011/01/illustrators-drawing-illustrators.html
    Everyone did such beautiful portraits.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground